What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is a service that allows organizations and individuals to post a website or web page onto the Internet. A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed in the Internet. Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers. When Internet users want to view your website, all they need to do is type your website address or domain into their browser. Their computer will then connect to your server and your webpages will be delivered to them through the browser.
Different types of web hosting which are as follows:-
1. Shared Hosting
This is a perfect hosting for the entry level of hosting. In this, your websites will be stored with many different websites in the same server, that would be anywhere at a range of hundred or thousand. Usually, when most people begin an online business, they start with a shared hosting scheme to reduce cost, the same server resources like RAM and CPU are used for all domains but the price of this hosting very low.
- The main benefit of this solution is to share server costs with a large number of people. If the hosting provider can put several hundred or thousands of clients on a single server, then the operating costs can be spread to many parties.
- This is also the reason why shared hosting is the cheapest.
- However, the main downside of this arrangement is the sharing of a server with many parties. A server is, as mentioned above, a computer with hard drive space, CPU speed, and RAM resources.
- For this thing, we called the Poor Neighbor effect and this is the main reason why shared hosting is more problematic.
2. VPS Hosting
VPS stands for Virtual Private server. VPS Hosting is one of the kinds of internet hosting accounts you can select for online hosting. You must have your database files on a webserver to have a website on the Internet. These physical servers are usually split into various different or shared VPS servers.
- It is less costly than a dedicated server.
- Your hosting environment is much more controlled.
- VPS servers provide greater flexibility and help you to customize your environment and another important advantage
- You can make changes without affecting others because your account is within a virtual machine.
- VPS hosting has a supporting staff to help their customer and technical issues.
- However, while the average cost of VPS is around $50 per month, but it is possible around $20 per month.
- The price is probably the greatest disadvantage of VPS hosting.
3. Cloud Hosting
Nowadays cloud hosting is more popular. The cloud is a concept used in many areas of technology and is now also being used in the hosting arena. Cloud hosting provides a service provider with its infrastructure services in a utility model to outsource the computing and storage resources of an organization. There is no physical thing in the cloud that you can indicate and label as the cloud. Just as there is no physical server with cloud hosting, you can tell that it is a cloud host.
- The scalability is the biggest benefit of cloud hosting.
- It will increase your data delivery speed
- Modern cloud hosting services can identify which server is close to a customer so that the contents are received from the nearest source to reduce delays and page load times.
- Although cloud service providers implement the best safety and industry certification standards, the storage of data and important files by external suppliers always opens up risks.
- It can be difficult for organizations to move their service from one supplier to another
- Cloud hosting’s main downside is that costs cannot be fully estimated.
4. Dedicated Web Hosting
Dedicated Web hosting means your paying for the single server which means there is no other webpage in that server. That means it fully in control of the site owner even the owner also has the root access. Because of the high traffic, people use this dedicated web hosting.
This means if your planning to use dedicated web hosting that means you should have knowledge regarding how to use and manage the server. Dedicated web hosting offer you both managed and unmanaged server.
- You’ve got your own dedicated server, so you can use it as you want to.
- Dedicated servers are very secure because several clients don’t share them.
- You can choose the most suitable server because a variety of choices are accessible.
- The most expensive type of host is dedicated hosting
- Dedicated servers can be hard to manage if you’re unfamiliar with servers.
- Installing the software, day-to-day maintenance, daily operations, and other tasks you have to control and this will require technical understanding.
- Hosts can provide safety guidance, but it is your responsibility to guarantee your server is safe