Ping is a command line tool used to check the target is live or not . Only if target is live , Further exploitation can be done.
Using Ping in windows command line
- Open command Prompt (cmd) In windows (press win+r and type cmd)
- Type ” ping target “(replace target ip or website of target ).
for example: ping www.xyz.com or ping 127.0.0.1
- packets will be transferred between attacker and target . 0% loss indicates ping command completed and packets are successfully transferred
- TTL stand for Time to Live and generally 4 Packets are transferred between attacker and target but it can be increased
- To understand more about ping command Type ping -h or ping /? in terminal . It will open help for ping command . It can be used in linux as well