nslookup is a command line tool used to gather information about name server of target .
Using nslookup in windows command line
- Open Command prompt (CMD) in windows (press win+R and type cmd)
- Type “nslookup target “(replace target with IP or Website of target ).
For example : nslookup www.xyz.com or nslookup 127.0.0.1
- To access interactive mode type nslookup and hit enter
- You can gather following information ( shown in screenshot )
- To understand more about ping command , type nslookup -h or nslookup /? in terminal .It will open help for ping command . It can be used in linux as well
- You can change for looking up mail server , SOA and different services (mail server is shown in screenshot , for more check help command )