Type of hackers.
The following are categories of hackers.
- Script kiddies.These hackers have limited or no training and know how to use only basic techniques or tools. Even then they may not understand any or all of what they are doing.
- White-Hat Hackers These hackers think like the attacking party but work for the good guys. They are typically characterized by having a code of ethics that says essentially they will cause no harm. This group is also known as ethical hackers or pentesters
- Gray-Hat Hackers These hacker straddle the line between good and bad and have decided to reform and become the good side. Once they are reformed, they still might not be fully trusted.
- Black-Hat Hackers These hackers are the bad guys who operate on the opposite side of the law. They may or may not have an agenda. In most cases, black-hat -hacking and outright criminal activity are not far removed from each other.
- Suicide Hackers These hackers try to knock out a target to prove a point. They are not stealthy, because they are not worried about getting caught or doing prison time.