Network connection is used to connect internet via our own Personal Computer (PC), to set up network connection, the detailed procedures are as follows
- First, click on the start button, then on Control Panel
- The Windows XP Control Panel will appear. Click on the Network and Internet Connections category.
- Next, click on set up or change your Internet Connection.
- The Internet Properties dialog will open, showing the connection tab. The [Setup] button will be highlighted. Click on it.
- The New Connection Wizard will begin with a welcome screen. Click on [Next].
- For Network Connection Type click the round button beside connect to the Internet, then click on [Next].
- On the Getting Ready screen, click the round button beside Set up my connection, manually, then click on [Next].
- For Internet Connection click the round button beside Connect using a dial-up, modem, then click on [Next>].
- On the Connection Name screen, enter the say wlink in ISP Name box, then click on [Next>].
- On the phone Number to Dial screen, enter say 15100 in the Phone Number box, then click on [Next>].
- On the Internet Account Information screen, enter:
-Your username in the User Name: yourname
-Your password in both the Password: and the Confirm Password: your password
Then, uncheck the square box beside Turn on Internet connection. Firewall for this account. It will slow down your effective modem speed without adding much protection.
- Finally, click on [Next>].
- At the Completing the New Connection Wizard screen you only need to click on [Finish].