They are phases :
- Reconnaissance: In this phase , Attacker find information about Target It can done activity or passively . It brings us closer to the target by giving some sensitive information about target.
- Scanning: In this phase Attacker find much more information about Target Attacker can perform port scanning or various assessments in order to get sensitive information about target.
- Gaining Access : In this phase , Attacker actually performs Hack. Using the information or vulnerability found by previous phases , attacker takes advantage and performs exploit to gain access.
- Maintaining Access: In this phase Attacker installs backdoors or trojans in order to maintain access into the target system.
- Covering Tracks: In this phase Attacker deletes the logs and session details in order to not be get caught.