Database is the collection of related data. It is the location used for storing data. Example: Student record, accounting record. DBMS used for creating, managing and operating database. It is used for database operation and manipulations.
Uses of Database Application Software
Major uses of database application software:
1. Storing data
2. Accessing data when it is required
3. Updating/ modifying data
4. Deleting or removing data
5. Providing securing on the data so that it can be used only by the authorized persons.
6. Sharing of data for concurrent access
7. Maintaining accuracy on the data
8. Enforcing standards or rules to access the data
9. Reducing data redundancy
10. Providing timely and accurate information