Advantage of C language
- Middle-level language:
- General purpose programming language:
- Powerful programming language:
- – Procedure Oriented Language.
- – Lots of Libraries.
- – Speed of Compilation.
Disadvantages of C language
· Object Oriented Programming Features (OOPS)
· Run Time Type Checking is Not
· Namespace Feature
· Constructor and Destructor is not available
Why Use C?
C was initially used for system development work, particularly the programs that make-up the operating system. C was adopted as a system development language because it produces code that runs nearly as fast as the code written in assembly language. Some examples of the use of C:
- Operating Systems
- Language Compilers
- Text Editors
- Print Spoolers
- Network Drivers
- Modern Programs
- Language Interpreters
Features of C Programming Language
C language is one of the powerful languages. Below are some of the features of C language.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness