- Ping Sweep
Ping sweep is scanning a range of ip address one by one to check whether the target ip is alive or not . in this technique a range of ip address is defined in the same ping command just like : ping 188.8.131.52/24, the whole range of ip address is scanned until or unless live target is found .
This technique is mainly used when there is no specified target and hence targets the whole network to get live target.
- Transmission control protocol (TCP)
Tcp contains flag , sniffing into tcp flags can provide information to a greater extent . There are following flags present in tcp:
A. SYN: Synchronize , initiates the connection between two systems.
B. FIN: Finish , Indicates that transmission is finished
C. ACK: Acknowledgement , Establish the connection
D. RST: Reset , used for resetting the connection established
E. URG: Urgent gives packet a priority to process immediately
F: PSH: Push , instruct the target to respond with buffer data immediately.
- 3-Way Handshake Mechanism
3-way handshake is used for successful transmission of information or successful connection establishment .
3-way Handshake process
- The system A will initiate a connection request to the server via a packer with only SYN FLAG.
- Server will reply back with packet having both SYN & ACK Flag set
- Now the client responds back to the server with a single ACK packet
- If the above steps are completed without any problem or complication , then a TCP connection will be established b/w the client and server.
Please follow and like us: